We are looking for an experienced Events Manager with an interest in technology to join our Developer Relations team. In this role you will work closely with the rest of the team to plan and execute key developer events within our target communities. The ideal candidate will have a track record of running successful events and have excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Working closely with the rest of the Developer Relations team to identify key events that align with the overall strategy
- Negotiating sponsorship opportunities with event organisers
- Researching opportunities in relevant developer communities
- Identifying event goals and building content and promotion strategies
- Coordinating all event logistics and managing budgets
- Managing exhibition equipment
- Working with third party suppliers to produce and manage merchandise and other promotional items
- Planning event activities and competitions
- Planning satellite events and meetups around conferences to maximise our community outreach
- Coordinating feedback from the Developer Relations team, the community and event attendees to integrate into continuous improvement efforts
- Planning and organising meetups held in our London office
- Utilizing exceptional project management skills to manage pre-event reviews and communications and post-event follow-up, ensuring all stakeholders are working together to create high-quality experiences for attendees
- At least 2 years experience in delivering various types of events
- Familiarity with the developer ecosystem
- Proven success in event management and project management
- A willingness to travel and ability to work independently and autonomously
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail
- Experience leading large scale projects
- An eye for design and booth/event layouts
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Empathetic, friendly and understanding
We value disruptive innovation, getting things done, and working with passion and integrity are the values that matter at Nexmo. We are on a mission to enable simplified communications between enterprises and their customers by empowering our employees. We strive for passion and integrity, both personally and professionally.
We have achieved significant growth by hiring exceptional people. We have big goals, and we want the people who join us to be self-confident, focused on customers and delivery, and who are structured and committed in their approach. We value those who will help us continue this spirit. If this appeals to you then we encourage you to apply.