At Nexmo we’ve made building better developer experiences part of our core mission. That's why we're looking for a Developer Advocate to help spread the word about the OpenTok API to developers around the world, online, and in person. You’ll be the face of Nexmo at hackathons and conferences, give amazing demos, contribute to discussions, collaborate on insightful blog posts, and empower developers to solve problems with our APIs.
- Inspire and equip developers to change the way the world communicates.
- Build and maintain OpenTok API client library, quick start samples, example apps, and other developer tools.
- Contribute to and provide feedback on APIs, SDKs, documentation, and product functionality through hands-on development, individual opinion, discussions with the developer community, and by organizing and running alpha/beta programs.
- Write blog posts and tutorials, and use social media in order to share knowledge, request feedback, collaborate, and engage with fellow developers.
- Provide support via channels such as Twitter, StackOverflow, Slack, and GitHub
- Represent yourself and Nexmo at hackathons, on sponsorship booths, and by giving talks and meetups and events
- Build programmes to grow the developer community
This role is a good fit for you if:
- Empathy is one of your core beliefs. It’s essential on our team and in the communities we serve.
- You have a working knowledge of at least one server-side or backend language (C#, Java, Python, etc.)
- You’ve written technical documentation or tutorials for a developer audience.
- You’re comfortable with Git and GitHub (or similar collaborative platform).
- You’re familiar with developer communities and events.
- You’re excited to learn new things and share with others.
- You’re willing and able to travel, sometimes internationally, to speak at events and meetups.
- You love APIs. It's what we do.
An ideal candidate would also have:
- Previous experience in an advocacy role
- Experience giving technical talks within an organization, at meetups, or at events
- Experience building SDKs
- Experience with WebRTC
Not an “ideal” candidate? Not a problem! We pride ourselves on making our junior folks into our senior ones, and you’ll have access to some of the best developer relations mentors along the way. Avoid the confidence gap and apply even if you don’t meet all criteria just yet.