We are looking for a Community Manager with a keen awareness of how technology advocacy takes place online. Your goal will be to establish and evolve the Vonage, Nexmo and Tokbox technology ecosystem through involvement in online communities such as Stack Overflow, Slack, Discourse and others. You’ll write and curate high-quality answers to incoming technical questions and ensuring that the work of the entire Developer Relations team is reflected in a hard-to-miss manner across many areas where developers exist online.
In addition to online advocacy, you will work to raise awareness of our events through regular and consistent social media presence, experiment with new forms of content promotion, create and manage online engagement such as live streams, contests, and Q&A/AMAs.
Core to this role is an analytical mindset. As well as gathering and reporting on analytics and content performance, you should be comfortable growing social and online reach through regular, considered, measurable experiments.
If working online and in person, sourcing answers to developer questions across multiple languages either from your knowledge or that of the wider Developer Relations team, creating digital assets, moderating and discovering online developer communities, and engaging with like-minded individuals around the world sounds good to you, we’d love to hear from you.
This is a remote role and can be based anywhere GMT -5 to GMT +2.
- Manage the Nexmo Developer Relations online presence in collaboration with the rest of the Developer Relations team and the Vonage Social Media teams
- Work with the Developer Relations team to identify and encourage the sharing of knowledge that is of interest and that will benefit developers
- Manage the creation and publication of related content across online knowledge sharing platforms, such as Stack Overflow, and, where relevant, across social media
- Discover, manage and moderate accounts on other potential digital platforms Nexmo Developer Relations might want to have a presence in the future, i.e., Discourse or others
- Work to raise awareness of the work of the Developer Relations team through promotion before, during and after events, meetups, and conferences
- Create and run online campaigns and contests with the aim of increasing developer engagement around the Nexmo, Vonage and TokBox APIs
- Attend events as an advocate for Vonage & Nexmo and ensure that the best of the event is curated online for our community
- Create and edit digital assets such as graphics, photos, and videos to assist with social media promotion
- Analyse the success of online activity to iterate and improve while working with the Developer Relations Analytics Lead to track these in an efficient way
- Work with, and project manage internal and external stakeholders as well as specialist contractors to deliver projects
- Reach developers both online and offline wherever they are and drive adoption by supporting them in ways that resonate with them
- Demonstrable understanding of building developer communities online or offline
- Previous experience managing social presence across multiple platforms
- Previous experience measuring and growing online presence and content reach as well as gathering and reporting on related analytics
- Experience creating graphical or video assets for promotional purposes
- A passion for communications technologies and their business application
- Experience of working within a multi-functional team (product, customer success, marketing, design, etc)
We value disruptive innovation, getting things done, and working with passion and integrity are the values that matter at Nexmo. We are on a mission to enable simplified communications between enterprises and their customers by empowering our employees. We strive for passion and integrity, both personally and professionally. We have achieved significant growth by hiring exceptional people. We have big goals, and we want the people who join us to be self-confident, focused on customers and delivery, and who are structured and committed in their approach. We value those who will help us continue this spirit. If this appeals to you then we encourage you to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.