The Sender ID is the number or text shown on a handset when it displays a message. You set a custom Sender ID to better represent your brand.
The Sender ID can be either:
Numeric - up to a 15 digit telephone number in international format without a leading
- Alphanumeric - an 11 character string of supported characters .
Note: Using other characters may result in failed delivery or an altered Sender ID.
Depending on the jurisdiction one or more of the following can happen:
- Your Sender ID must be a virtual number.
- SMS filtering is applied and the Sender ID is modified.
- Numeric-only Sender IDs are replaced by short codes.
- You can only send traffic in a limited time window.
- For marketing traffic you have to implement a STOP system.
Before you start your messaging campaign:
- Check the Sender ID columns in the Country Specific Features.
- Batch send your messages to each country and set
fromto match the Sender ID capabilities.
Illegitimate use of SMS spoofing such as impersonating another person, company or product is strictly forbidden.