In order to use the WhatsApp Manager API to create deployments, link your business account to a number, and manage your WhatsApp Business account profile, you must first add a phone number in your WhatsApp Business account.
To set up a phone number for your account:
- Navigate to Business Manager. If you have access to multiple business managers, select the Vonage page.
- Select the WhatsApp business account for which you want to set up a phone number. You can access the WhatsApp business account by selecting the Settings tab, then WhatsApp Manager. The account opens in a new page.
- From the side bar, click Phone Numbers.
- Click Add Phone Number.
- Enter your phone number and display name. Your customers will see the display name when your messages appear in their WhatsApp app.
- Click Next. You’ll see a confirmation that your display name has been sent for review.
- Click Done. Your phone number will have a Name pending review label below Certificate. Once it’s approved, you’ll see a View button.
- Below Certificate, click View. Download your certificate because you will need to use it when provisioning your WhatsApp cluster.
NOTE: Each time you click the View button, the certificate will change. Either download or copy your certificate so you can use it in a subsequent step.
You may now provision your WhatsApp deployment.