You now need to create a Vonage Application. In this step you create an application capable of handling both in-app Voice and in-app Messaging use cases.
1. Create your project directory if you've not already done so, run the following command in your terminal:
2. Change into the project directory.
3. Create a Vonage application interactively. The following command enters interactive mode:
4. Specify your application name. Press Enter to continue.
5. You can now select your application capabilities using the arrow keys and then pressing spacebar to select the capabilities your application needs. For the purposes of this example select both Voice and RTC capabilities using the arrow keys and spacebar to select. Once you have selected both Voice and RTC capabilities press Enter to continue.
NOTE: If your application will be in-app voice only you can select Voice capabilities only. If you want in-app messaging select only RTC capabilities. If your app will have both in-app voice and in-app messaging select both capabilities.
6. For "Use the default HTTP methods?" press Enter to select the default.
7. For "Voice Answer URL" enter
https://example.ngrok.io/webhooks/answer or other suitable URL (this depends on how you are testing).
8. You are next prompted for the "Voice Fallback Answer URL". This is an optional fallback URL should your main Voice Answer URL fail for some reason. In this case press Enter. If later you need the fallback URL you can add it in the Dashboard, or using the Nexmo CLI.
9. You are now required to enter the "Voice Event URL". Enter
10. For " RTC Event URL" enter
11. For "Public Key path" press Enter to select the default. If you want to use your own public-private key pair refer to this documentation.
12. For "Private Key path" type in
private.key and press Enter.
A file named
.nexmo-app is created in your project directory and contains the newly created Vonage Application ID and the private key. A private key file named
private.key is also created.
Please make a note of it as you'll need it in the future.
Creating a web-based chat appCreate a web application that enables users to message each other