Nexmo In-App Voice uses WebRTC and includes all the essentials you need to build a feature rich voice experience.
- 1:1 or Group Calls
- Audio Controls – Mute, earmuff
- DTMF Support
Nexmo In-App Voice integrates with the Nexmo Voice API which amplifies the In-App Voice offering through extra functionality such as:
- Calls to phone devices(PSTN)
- Calls to SIP-enabled devices
- Connection to other services over Websockets
- Call management
- Complex call flow configurations
- Voice stream recording
- Conference calling
- Text-to-speech messages in 23 languages
The Android and iOS Client SDKs additionally offer:
- Network Change Handling
- Audio Routing Management
- Push Notifications
Conversation API concepts:
- How to set up your application
- Application: A Nexmo Application provides a container for Users and Conversations.
- How to authenticate users
- User: A User represents an entity such as a person that wishes to communicate.
- How to generate JWTs: This topic explains how to generate JWTs for use in your app. JSON Web Tokens (JWTs) and Access Control Lists (ACLs) are a key concept to understand in order to authenticate your apps and users.
- Conversation: A Conversation connects Users and allows them to communicate.
- Event flow: This topic provides an overview of a event dispatching flow through the system encompassing the Nexmo Voice and Conversation services.
- Member: A Member is created when a User joins a Conversation.
- Call: A Call consists of one or more Legs.
- Channel: A Channel refers to one of App, Phone, SIP or Websocket.
- Leg: A Leg connects a User with a Conversation.
- Media: Media refers to type of communication. It is currently one of text, voice, or video.
- Event: Conversations are event-driven. Event objects are generated when key activities occur.
- Session: A Session is a live communication stream created with a Client SDK.
In-app Voice concepts:
- Start and Receive Calls: How to set up your app to start and receive in-app calls.
- Enable Audio: How to enable audio features in a Conversation.
- Call Member Actions: How to enable call actions on members.
- Send and Receive DTMF: How to send and receive DTMF in your app.
Call Statuses: Information about call statuses such as
answeredand so on.
All of Nexmo Client SDK use cases: