Client SDK enables you to build a two-way messaging experience into your application.
The Nexmo Client SDKs offers functionality such as:
- Conversation creation and management
- Text Messages
- Image Messages
- Typing Indicators
- Delivered and Read receipts
- Message Deletion
The Android and iOS Client SDKs also offer:
- Push Notifications
Conversation API concepts:
- How to set up your application
- Application: A Nexmo Application provides a container for Users and Conversations.
- How to authenticate users
- User: A User represents an entity such as a person that wishes to communicate.
- How to generate JWTs: This topic explains how to generate JWTs for use in your app. JSON Web Tokens (JWTs) and Access Control Lists (ACLs) are a key concept to understand in order to authenticate your apps and users.
- Conversation: A Conversation connects Users and allows them to communicate.
- Event flow: This topic provides an overview of a event dispatching flow through the system encompassing the Nexmo Voice and Conversation services.
- Member: A Member is created when a User joins a Conversation.
- Call: A Call consists of one or more Legs.
- Channel: A Channel refers to one of App, Phone, SIP or Websocket.
- Leg: A Leg connects a User with a Conversation.
- Media: Media refers to type of communication. It is currently one of text, voice, or video.
- Event: Conversations are event-driven. Event objects are generated when key activities occur.
- Session: A Session is a live communication stream created with a Client SDK.
- Conversation API
- Client SDK Reference - Web
- Client SDK Reference - iOS
- Client SDK Reference - Android